Frequently asked questions
How do I update my billing information (credit card number, email address, etc.)?
Login to your MyCommerce Account, and update your payment details there. If you don't have a User ID and Password yet, click [Request Login/Password] there.
How do I cancel my subscription?
- Login to your MyCommerce Account, and cancel your subscription there. If you don't have a User ID and Password yet, click [Request Login/Password] there.
- Or contact Desktop Fay developer and ask to cancel your subscription.
How to setup a mic?
- Right-click on a speaker icon in a Windows taskbar and select Recording devices;
- Right-click the desired voice input device, and select Set as Default Device (the menu command is not available if the device is already set as a Default Device);
- Click Properties button (or Properties context menu command);
- Click Levels tab and make sure that level is not zero. Click OK.
- You may also need to disable unused input devices (right-click and select Disable).
My assistant talks to itself.
You may need to disable a built-in laptop microphone. See previous question How to setup a mic. Built-in mics usually catch too much noise from the laptop itself, and Desktop Fay may try to interpret that noise as your words.
Can I use it with Gmail account?
Unfortunately no. Here is why.
Is Desktop Fay secure in regard to sending/receiving emails?
Desktop Fay is as secure as the best email apps. It is using OpenSSL cryptography toolkit. You may need to check your email settings to make sure that SSL/TLS or at least STARTTLS connection security is enabled.
How do I personalize email messages when sending to a mailing list?
You can use %FirstName, %LastName, %FullName, and %Email tags in the message text.
MS Speech Platform fails to install.
Desktop Fay uses Microsoft Speech Platform for speech synthesis. You can install it separately - download from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27225 (select x86 version, even if your Windows is x64). If MS Speech Platform fails to install, you can try installing it with administrator privileges: Right-click the downloaded file, and select the Run as administrator menu command.